In Girls’ Corner you can learn the Girl Scout Promise, the Girl Scout Law and how to become a Girl Scout. You can also discover what programs are available by taking a visit to our Program Opportunitiespage.
Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law
Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Girl Scouting – It Matters
by Peter Drucker, Management Consultant
Girl Scouting offers young women a place where they can be girls —
where they can be what they want to be.
Girl Scouting is a place where the universe is organized,
where there are simple values, where the world is manageable.
Girl Scouting serves the community.
Girl Scouting produces young people who grow up proud to be women.
Girl Scouting is a place where girls learn to like what they see in the mirror.
Girl Scouting stands for the good things we hope for the future.
Girl Scouting provides a place, in troubled times, where things are normal and dependable.
Girl Scouting offers achievement,
self-assurance, self-respect and the priceless gift of self-confidence.
Fifteen Ways to Help Your Children Like Themselves
- Call attention to the good things they do.
- Show them that they are important to you.
- Take their ideas, emotions and feelings seriously.
- Set limits and clear rules, and enforce them, but don’t tie them down with too many rules.
- Use language that builds their self-esteem.
- Give them responsibility so that they feel useful.
- Have reasonable expectations. Praise for success.
- Encourage them to make decisions, and teach that they must accept responsibility for those decisions.
- Spend time with them.
- Discuss problems without placing blame or commenting negatively on their character.
- Be sure they know your values. Instead of telling, show.
- Be a good role model by showing them that you feel good about yourself.
- Teach them to respect those with different backgrounds, values and experiences.
- Help them learn to deal with time and money.
- Show how much you care for them. Hug them and tell them again and again that they are terrific and that you love them!